Thursday, May 19, 2016

Do The Best You Can...

Do The Best You Can, 

With What You Have, 

Where You Are




One of my favorite sayings, based on the quote by Theodore Roosevelt. 

When life spirals out of your control, there's only so much you can do.

I've accepted that things happen in my life that will be painful, and that I cannot control what others do.  I can only control my own reactions, behaviors, words, thoughts...

So, every day I remind myself, "Joy, do the best that you can, with what you have, where you are."  It is harder some days than others.  
And once in awhile it feels IMPOSSIBLE.  But what I've also found is that if I focus on what I need to do, the goals I have for myself, it gets easier to do the best I can.

This week has been rough for me.  A lot of emotional pain and suffering, but I choose to move forward.  I get up and put my feet on the ground, just like every other day.  I get up and get going, because it's what needs to be done.  

I'm no superwoman.  I'm just a woman.

For quite awhile, I held a close relationship to someone who recently destroyed it with their behavior and deception.  When you give trust and respect to another person, in any kind of relationship, and they hurt you, it's painful.  

But...
Out of pain, can come growth.  
Out of hurt, can come healing.  
Out of a bad experience, can come understanding and empathy.
Out of the storm, the sunlight will shine.

As long as you know you're giving it your all...take comfort in that.
As long as you appreciate what remains...be blessed by that.
As long as you know where you are now isn't where you will stay...see hope in that.

Out of my personal situation, comes new, beautiful things.

Whatever you' may be facing, just do the best you can my friend.

<3

Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment