Thursday, May 26, 2016

It's Not the End of the World



When life gets out of control, it's so easy to let the tough times consume your thoughts. But, does it help?

One of my children is going through a rough time.  They're dealing with a lot of stress and feel overwhelmed.  As a parent, I want to do everything I can to help.  As someone who remembers her teen years well, I want my child to know that it really is going to be okay.

Got me to thinking about perspective.  When you're a teen, there are events and upsets that feel like the end of the world.  But, someone who has lived through similar situations can easily say that it will be okay.  But for the person in the moment, it really feels worse and its hard to see beyond what's happening.

As an adult, I've been through sine really challenging times.  And I've felt like I'd never get behind the moments that held me in an emotional tornado.  But, when I put things in perspective, I began to see the future.

See, even though I was temporarily homeless, I had to be thankful because other people have been homeless for many years.

Even though I struggled to pay my car payments, I had to be thankful I had a car, as many people don't.

Even though I had a ton of bills, I had to be thankful that I want dealing with a foreclosure or bankruptcy and that I had a job.

Most of the challenges people face are not permanent.  It's not the end of the world.  There may be pain and disappointment and challenges, but if you can get some perspective on the situation, then you can also open up to new solutions.


  • Take one day at a time.
  • Be thankful for what you have.
  • Keep focused on what you want.
  • Do the best you can, With what you have, where you are.


It'll be okay my friend.  Today is a new day.  Make the best of it.

Remember:

The most important relationship you will ever have is the one you have with yourself. Invest in YOU because only you can create a life you love.

Love,



~Joy~

No comments:

Post a Comment