Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Day 15 BBM 90 Day Challenge

This image is the wallpaper on my computer!

Day 15 Bikini Body Mommy 90 Day Challenge


Welcome friends!  Thanks for dropping by.  If you don't know already, I started the Bikini Body Mommy 90 Day Challenge to get myself trim and toned this year.  I actually started working out and watching what I ate back in December, but joined the Challenge this month.

So today (well, yesterday), January 20th was Day 15 of the Challenge.  It wasn't until the middle of the night, when baby wouldn't sleep well, that an idea came to mind.  Let me rewind a little bit.  Today, in addition to the exercises, I was to do my weigh-in, measurements and pictures.  Well, the results?  Broke even on inches, gained almost 3 pounds and my pictures were only a slight bit different than on January 6th.  *SIGH*  That's okay though...I am determined as he** and I have a long way to go and a lot of work to do.

What I want to do in this blog post is just summarize where I've been and how I've done so far.  Then, I plan to daily blog about my activities, feelings and thoughts.  Most days, these posts will be short, sweet and even boring.  BUT...in 75 days time, I want to be able to look back and see what the journey was like, during the time I was on it.

I will post pics later on, because to be honest, I am mortified at what I see.  But they are dated and will be provided at the end of the 90 Days.  =)

Notes about working out.  Hm, well, to be honest, I've only done about 1/2 the exercises I should have.  And, I am weak as he** right now.  My body has been deprived off food (see below) and nutrition, and all that I do have goes to the baby when I nurse her.  So, I think that is part of the reason that I fall apart during workouts.  I'm really loving Briana's workouts, though and see that when we repeat certain exercises, my body does better than it has the previous time.  I can't wait to re-do the Fit Test at the end and see those improvements, as well as the ones in the mirror, scale, measuring tape and photos.

Starting Stats:

Waist:  32"
Hips:  37"
Pooch (area below belly button aka baby tummy):  39"
Thighs---L/R:  20.5"/21"
Arms---L/R:  11.5"/11.5"
Neck:  13.5"
Calves---L/R:  13"/12.5"
Weight:  135#

I am not concerned about certain areas of my body, like my bust, because in that case, I am nursing, so measuring is a moot point.  Other areas like my forearms, ankles, and such all are pretty much the same as always.  =)

Stats at One-Week Mark:

Waist:  31"
Hips:  37.25" 
Pooch:  38.25"
Thighs---L/R:  21"/21"
Arms---L/R:  11"/11"
Neck:  13"
Calves---L/R:  12.75"/12.75"
Weight:  134#

Stats at Two-Week Mark:

Waist:  32.5"
Hips:  37"
Pooch:  37.75"
Thighs---L/R:  20.75"/20.5"
Arms---L/R:  11"/11"
Neck:  13"
Calves---L/R:  13"/13"
Weight:  136.5

Overall Stats:  
Weight:  Up over 1 pound from start
Inches:  Broke even (lost some, gained some)

Daily Regimen:

Biotin 5000 mcg for hair, skin and nails. Started this before Challenge.
Home-made skin concoction from BBM blog (olive oil, aloe gel, vit A, vit E) to minimize stretch marks
Water:  (3) 33oz. bottles per 24 hours
3 Meals* and 2 snacks per day, plus protein shake after working out.

****
I have a big problem with eating.  I am not bulimic or anorexic, I just tend to go busily through most of the day without eating; living off of light & sweet coffee.  What happens when you don't get enough calories?  Your body goes in to starvation mode and HOLDS ON TO THE FAT!  UGH!!  

SO...what I am doing for the first month is drinking 2 SlimFast shakes a day, plus a small meal at dinnertime.  I am also having two snacks in between, like hummus and celery or low-fat Greek yogurt.  Then, after my evening workout, I drink a whey protein shake made with milk or almond milk.  I need the calories, but want them to be healthy ones that don't go over in carbs, sugars, sodium, fat and so on.  That can be challenging on a very tight budget.  For now, this will have to do.

You need to do what works for you.  If you follow the BBM challenge, Briana provides a wonderful meal plan with weekly benefits, straight to your email inbox.  Just click the link below, on this page to check it out.  As for me, I need to get my body to stop holding on to the fat.  I log EVERYTHING into MFP (MyFitnessPal) and this way I can make sure that I am getting enough calories to keep my body going in the right direction.  If I fall short because of allowed extra calories for working out, I will find something healthy or at least home-made to eat.  We don't use MSG in our meals, and salt was as big of an addiction for me as sugar, so at least I know my sodium will stay normal.  

Oh and I switched to stevia for my coffee, but the taste takes getting used to, so I cut sugar use in half and add 1 packet of Truvia.  Hoping to transition over completely soon, but going cold turkey was really hard on me.  Good thing?  I drink far more water, readily, because stevia leaves a weird taste in my mouth, at present.

Goals:

By the end of the Challenge, I would like to:
  • Be down to 120#
  • Have lost most of my baby 'pooch'
  • See definition in legs and arms
  • Be comfortable in my own skin
Then, I will either start a new 90 Day Challenge or move to Laura London Fitness as she is closer to my age and has older children as well.  I started with Briana and BBM because she has young children, like me, and the timing was right.  Laura, on the other hand, competes and takes things to a whole new level.  I don't want to compete, I just want to look HOT and feel AMAZING, set a good example for my kids and BE HEALTHY!.

And, to clarify, if the above paragraph was confusing, my kids are: 22, 14, 12, 11, 8 and 4 months old.  =)

Sites I use:



Well, that was a really long post and I apologize.  I am sure you probably don't care about my individual stats but to start this blogging off right, I wanted to put it all out there.  It's also logged on MFP and that link is above.  If you have any questions, concerns, thoughts, comments, feel free to ask in the comment section below.

If you want more information about the Challenge, use the links above to connect with Briana, the Bikini Body Mommy.  =)

Thanks for stopping by and reading.

To a wonderful 2014!!!

~Joy~

No comments:

Post a Comment