Friday, January 24, 2014

Day 19 BBM 90 Day Challenge


image from BikiniBodyMommy.com

Day 19 BBM 90 Day Challenge


Today was supposed to be the 8 exercises from earlier in this week, however, with the still sore back, I decided to do another day of HIIT cardio instead.  It worked well yesterday and I didn't tweak anything.  I also decided against taking a night off since I am the type to go more than one day, if I do take a day off.  I cannot let myself slow done if I want results.

What did I do?  Well similar to yesterday, but there were a couple of changes.

**I wore my 1# weighted gloves for the entire 20 minutes.**

1 min mod. jumping jacks.  I modified these by stepping out to one side, then bending at the knee (like a partial squat) as I brought my hands together over my head. Return to center and then do the same with other leg.  The very last set, during the last 30 seconds, I did regular jumping jacks to gauge my body's reaction and it went very well!!

1 min. rest

1 min modified jogging in place, along with some cross-punches.  I did thirty seconds of sprinting in place, arms tucked in.  Then the other 30 seconds, I stood legs spread and cross-punched in to the air in front of me.  By twisting at the hips, there was no pain in my back.

1 min rest


Repeat four more sets so that I have done 5 sets of jumping jacks, 5 set of sprints, 5 sets of cross-punches,  and 10 minutes rest, total of 20 min.  

**Again, I modified it to fit what works for me, my available space to workout and, to minimize any further damage to my back.  I did do the cool-down stretches after, as well.**

Since I did not need to watch a BBM video for guidance and needed something to inspire me, I played this video repeatedly for the entire 20 minutes.  ;)  It always gets me going and makes me move as fast or as hard as I can, especially the punching.  LOL


My eating was a bit off today as I'd run out of most of my stuff for the week.  I did make sure to eat throughout the day and will log in to MFP and enter my meals for the day.


Off to take a hot shower now!  ;-)

See you tomorrow!!

Sites I use:

Online Stopwatch:  http://www.online-stopwatch.com

Please comment, share, Like,  RT, Plus, Pin...whatever works.  Thanks!  XO

~Joy~

2 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work Joy. You are such an inspiration. :)
    I've taken the day off from all excercise, but will be doing an hour of Bodyjam tomorow and then tomorrow night, I'm going clubbing to Salsa. Looking forward to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are awesome Eve! Keep up the great work YOU are doing!! I envy you...Salsa...ooooh, fun!! Have an amazing time! xo

      Delete